Saturday 29 December 2012

Pulling the wool over your eyes

Jumper, Tights, Necklace - Primark | Skirt - Topshop | Socks - H&M | Boots - Zara

I hope everyone had a jolly, merry Christmas and they got to spend it with their loved ones.  I had a really fun day with some of our family over and singing karaoke until the early hours. 

I'm sorry for not posting sooner, I thought with my time off I'd be able to show a little love to my blog, but it turns out, I just got caught up in Christmas.  Before the big day, my lovely Hungarian friend decided to put on a little Hungarian Christmas Dinner and oh my gosh it was delicious!  Here's the menu:
Starter:
Hungarian meaty pancakes - Hortobagyi husos palacsinta :)

Main:
Slow cooked marinated pork belly served with apple sauce

Sides:
Pickled red cabbage with apple
Roasted Apache potatoes
Orange glazed carrots
Roasted parsnips
Warm garden pea and green bean salad with sesame seeds

Pudding:
Orange and walnut parfait served with orange and vodka jelly
Believe me, it tasted as good as it sounds!  What have you guys been up to during this Christmas period?
This is another item I haven't worn in years - this skirt I purchased from Topshop about 5 years ago and it keeps escaping the clear out as I love the colours and the the silky material, and as it turns out it goes pretty well with baggy jumpersI'm glad I didn't ship it off to the charity shop.
 What's everyone's plans for the NY?  I've got 2 house parties to attend, but I may just stick to one as getting from one place to another before midnight generally means I end up celebrating on the tube or a bus.
Speak Soon xxx
Pin It

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colours of this skirt, perfect for the time of year! I love it when you find new ways to wear older clothes you'd forgotten about! xx

kw-justlikeheaven.blogspot.co.uk

JennaStevie said...

ohhh that food sounds so delicious!!! I am loving this oversized sweater with the floral skirt, such a great combination
xJennaD

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

your meal sounds delish! So does Karaoke.. glad you had a good Christmas! xo

Anonymous said...

Lovely florals ! :) Oh and I see something yummy in the previous post, must check out that one too. ^^

Have a Happy New Years Eve! x

Satu
Indie by heart

Paulina said...

i like your jumper! great blog ! Would you like to follow each other ?

Midwest Muse said...

This post made me very very hungry. I also love your sweater. It looks so warm and cozy.

Unknown said...

You are very original and style woman ! You`re amazing !
i`m polish and i invite on my blog maybe u will find sth interesting :P

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...