Turn any old notebook from this.....
In 11 simple steps...
1. Your tools - Notebook you wish to cover, material of your choice, PVA (or Mod Podge), Painting Brush, Scissors, Disposable Container, Material Chalk.
2. Measure your material to size and mark where you are going to cut with your material chalk
3. Don't forget to leave some overhang to tack around the corners of your note book.
4. Pour a PVA (enough to paint your note book with) into you disposable container.
5. Add a splash of water - about 1/4 of your PVA and mix well
6. Paint the outside of your notebook with the mixture.
7. Place your material on top of your painted notebook and slide into place, paint over your material with the PVA/Water mixture.
8. Open up your notebook and tuck the edges in, not forgetting to snip the material by the spine. Paint the material in place. Do the same for the other side
9. Leave to dry for about two hours.
10. You'll be left with a bit of material overhang by the spine of your notebook, paint this with your mixture.
11. Tuck these edges into the spine of the notebook with your scissors - repeat on the other side. Leave overnight to fully dry
12. Voila! Your finished custom notebook cover.
I don't think this was too shabby for my first attempt, though I think I might try it with Spray Mount glue next time as I have a few too many air bubbles for my liking, or I might try and follow THIS tutorial instead, I found it AFTER I'd finished mine - typical!
See what I mean about the bubbles?
What have you crafty creeters been up to lately? Got any creations to share?
Speak Soon xxx